newLISP® v.10.4.4 Stable Maintenance Release
This stable maintenance release fixes minor bugs and adds minor enhancements.
Release 10.4.2 was released on May 2nd, 2012 and version 10.4.3 on May 7th fixing critical bugs in seek and close file operations.
Changes and additions
- read-file, write-file, append-file and delete-file
when used with http:// URLs will now return nil under error conditions
instead of throwing an error. This is consistent with error behavior on local files.
When nil is returned, net-error gives more error information.
For remote server-side errors on URLs the server HTTP error page is returned.
- Functions which are UTF8 sensitive on the UTF8 enabled versions of newLISP
now check for the validity of the UTF8 string arguments passed.
The error message: invalid UTF8 string is issued for invalid UTF8 strings.
- Binary number format can be used with either 0b or 0B as prefix for
up to 64 following 1's and 0's, e.g. 0b101010 for the number 42.
- base64-enc can use an additional true flag to force translation of an
empty string into "" instead of "====" base64 padding characters.
- Starting with Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8 the clang C-compiler can also be used instead
of gcc to compile newLISP.
- A correct error message will now be shown when the closing [/text] tag
is missing when loading a source file.
- The widget gs:text-field in Guiserver - guiserver.jar - now
handles empty strings correctly when gs:get-text is used.
- Functions initiated via callback could cause a result stack overflow.
Compatibility with previous versions
This version is compatible with previous versions in the 10.4 series of newLISP.